Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gift card blue!

Hey, I hope everyone loves this Bo Bunny paper as much as I do. I plan to make so much more with it! What a great gift this will be with pictures inserted and the gift card! This project is similar to the other gift card I made, other than it is landscape orientation. I really like this version a lot. For this project I started out with printing this digi image after I photoshopped it to be the same colour as the paper. (Wow photoshopped it a word according this dictionary!) I then inked around the santa to get rid of the blatant white. I cut it with spellbinders ovals and then prepped the rest of the card front. I embossed using silver Zing embossing powder, love this stuff. I added a ribbon, flower, and brad. The flower was white and I used glimmer mist to make it glittery and that shade of blue.
The next page is quite simple. I only matted the main card with patterned paper and added a sentiment, again embossed with silver Zing. I added a snowflake and this page was done. The intent is to add a photo to this page. As you may notice to the right, this is where your gift card goes. This pocket was simple to make by folding the paper in the correct direction and cutting a triangle shape on the second layer. I then added a hinge to the bottom to close up the pocket.
For the back of the pocket for the gift card, I just added another digi image to keep the flower through this card. For the last page, I hinged at the bottom to create this pocket and just used a edge EK punch to add some decoration! I made up this little pull out mat and I think it looks great! BTW: The sentiment was actually not embossed, it was inked up with Brilliance Metallic ink, which by the way went back because even after heating it, it would not dry!!!! I love the concept of the ink, but it kept rubbing silver off onto my hands!
Now note the little pull out mat that has been inserted into this hidden pocket. Lots of fun in this card I tell ya!!! This is also a card I will be teaching this up and coming Sunday!
Challenges I have entered are:
Just keep on creating - Christmas
The Kraft Journal - Christmas Gifts challenge
Songbird Challenges - Deeper Shades of Blue
Paper Girls Challenge - Christmas
Bearly Mine - Silver/Blue
Hooked on Craft - Christmas

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly , this is fabulous well done
    Thank you so much for joining us for “A Deeper Shade of Blue ” at
    The Songbird Challenge and GOOD LUCK .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Wow! Fabulously done and I like your non-traditional colors too! So happy you shared it with us at The Kraft Journal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool - thanks for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal this week. We appreciate your participation and hope to see you play with us again real soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen, Design Team Member
    The Kraft Journal
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gift card Kelly!!! thanks for joining us at BMC would love to see you again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow just beautiful and just perfect for our challenge over at BMC thanks for joining and good luck! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete