Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oo-la-la Gift Card

Hi! These are easy and fun to make. It takes a whole 81/2 X 11 piece of card stock. If I get people wanting me to post how I made this, I will do another post on it. I used Kaiser Kraft paper from their new Christmas line. I wanted to make some glitzy but still calm and quiet Christmas gift card holders. I made this fancy dress out of a doily. I added the ribbon and bling to glitz it up. I sewed a strip along the bottom and then embossed (using Zing) this sentiment. Now I will keep the rest of the card, clean and simple and let the paper speak for itself! Again, my intention is to add some photos to this so I don't want to over embellish it.
Again I wanted to let the paper speak for itself, so I used this wonderful polka dot paper and I sewed an embossed strip of paper to add some detail. I embossed this saying and as you note, the next page is clearly empty to add a photo.
For the next few pages again you will not a similar design. I however added a pocket along the bottom of the right side. I used a Martha Stewart punch to all a little decoration to this pocket...this is the pocket you place your gift card! I love this red foiled paper, it is so beautiful!
Lastly you will note the pull out mat that has come from the hidden pocket at the back of the card. This is a place to add photos or notes or whatever you like!
Challenges I have entered are:
Corrosive Challenge - Anything
Dream Valley - Non-traditional Christmas red/brown
Dutch Dare Card - Fancy Folds
Totally Papercrafts - Stitching
Squirrel & the fox - Anything
Just keep on creating - Christmas

7 comments:

  1. Stunning project. Wonderful colours and design. Thank you for joining us at TPC this week.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this, great idea, love the doily dress. Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a magnificent project. I like the way you made the dress and the colours are beautiful matched.And the giftbox insite is also practical. Thanks for sharing at the Dutch Dare Card Challenge. Hope to see you again. Love Marijke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little black dress! Everyone needs one. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love how you have created this awesome dress. Very elegant and totally loving all the layers and details.

    Thanks for joining us as Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how chic is that dress! Love it! And what an amazing card, I just love all the gorgeous papers you've used! Thanks fo9r joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete